As an infidelity expert frequently called on by the media to comment on popular infidelity issues and breaking infidelity news, I make it a point to keep abreast of all major news stories dealing with infidelity, cheating spouses and extramarital affairs.
At the end of each year, I review all the major infidelity news stories for that year, and pick the 10 infidelity stories that had the lion’s share of the news.
Below is my 4th annual list of top 10 infidelity news stories for the year 2007.
1. Deborah Jeane Palfrey, a.k.a. the D.C. Madam, accused of running an elite prostitution ring in Washington, D.C, released the phone records of her client list which included Randall Tobias, Senator David Vitter, Harlan K. Ullman and other very prominent (and very married) government officials who were allegedly cheating on their wives.
2. Presidential Candidates, Infidelity and Extramarital Affairs – The infidelity experiences and opinions of presidential candidates Hillary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, and John McCain, and presidential hopeful, Newt Gingrich provided the media with a continuous supply of material for news stories in 2007.
3. NASA astronaut Lisa Nowak, a married mother of three, charged with the attempted murder of her romantic rival for the affections of a fellow astronaut, sparked nationwide discussions on workplace affairs and workplace romance.
4. San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom’s public apology for having an affair with his former appointments secretary, the wife of his good friend and campaign manager.
5. iVillage / MSNBC’s Lust, Love and Loyalty survey which revealed that nearly 1 in 4 married adults has cheated on their spouse, that the most common affair partners are friends and co-workers (75 %), and that less than 30% of cheaters get caught.
6. Summer Infidelity Awareness Campaign by infidelity expert Ruth Houston, founder of InfidelityAdvice.com, which focused national attention on the increase in infidelity during the summer months, and exposed the 3 types of men who cheat during the summertime, and the tactics cheating men use to conceal their summer affairs. For more info please visit these sites:- creditcana.com
7. The Woman’s Day / AOL poll which found that 84% of wives would want to be told if their spouses are cheating, and 31% suspected but were unable to prove that their husbands were cheating.
8. Senator Larry Craig’s arrest for his attempts at same-sex infidelity byallegedly trying to initiate sexual encounters with men ina public restroom at a Minneapolis airport.
9. Leroy Greer’s $1 million lawsuit against 1-800-Flowers for exposing his infidelity, when their thank-you note to him for the $100 in roses he sent his mistress was intercepted by his wife.
10. Dina Matos McGreevey’s book Silent Partner, in which she maintains that she was an unsuspecting victim of same sex infidelity, because like most wives of gay married men, she had no idea of ex-husband James McGreevey’s true sexual orientation.
Compiled by infidelity expert Ruth Houston, author of Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs, and founder of InfidelityAdvice.com
For more information about infidelity, cheating spouses, and extramarital affairs, or for a list of FREE infidelity tip sheets available by e-mail, visit Ruth Houston’s website or her Infidelity News and Views Blog.
About Ruth Houston:
Infidelity expert Ruth Houston is the founder of InfidelityAdvice.com and the author of Is He Cheating on You – 829 Telltale Signs, which lists practically every known sign of infidelity, including the subtle signs most people overlook. Frequently called on by the media to comment on infidelity issues in the news, Ruth has been quoted in USA Today, The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Los Angeles Times, Cosmopolitan, FoxNews.com, ABCNews.com, msnbc.com, MSN Lifestyle, iVillage, and numerous others. Ruth has also been a guest on The Today Show, Fox News, 1010 WINS, CNN, Fox News, ABC News, NBC News, and over 360 other radio and TV talk shows worldwide.